Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Collecting, Thrifting and an Update on WIP




Here are just a few things I've gathered for my aforementioned card collection. Have I written yet? No. But at least I'm heading in the right direction by pulling out some of my favorites to look at. I have a propensity for natural-colored things, kraft paper, wood, botanical sketches. I also like quirky things like the little thrifted man (not sure exactly what he is - perhaps a coaster?). The in-out box is from Goodwill and of course, the bunny patterns are from Wee Wonderfuls. The bench that everything sits on was a freebie on the side of the road!

Now for my update on my previously mentioned WIP project

I haven't gotten too far with it and duh! I should've used a more precise pattern for tackling something like this. I'm by no means an expert sewer, really quite rusty at it. But it will get done. Just need to finish the inside and add a long strap. It's very floppy, unable to stand up on its own. I should've used interfacing of some sort, but too late for that. It'll still work. I thought it might be a good library bag.

1 comment:

Mirre said...

The bag looks great already!