Wednesday, March 14, 2007

A Quiet Moment

I took this picture last week during a quiet moment. I had kept putting off writing a much-needed letter to a friend and thought I should make the time for it. What is it with writing? Doesn't everyone find it special and thrilling to discover an unexpected letter in the mailbox? And yet... this is a lost art. For years I've collected cards and made cards simply because they were beautiful small pieces of art that I could afford. Some with the intention of sharing and some with the intention of keeping. Of course, the keeping pile became larger because I just didn't take the time to sit down and write. Now that we've moved away from family and friends, I need to start renewing and remaking this 'lost' art. I need to start sharing my 'precious' collection of cards before they "disintegrate" as my grandmother used to say. I've got some ideas swirling in my head for both making some new cards and encouraging letter-writing in our family. But I'll share some of those later.

No comments: