Monday, May 07, 2007

No Peeking, Mom!


Last week was super busy: getting car fixed, having piano tuned, going on another field trip and finishing our homeschool co-op. My 2 younger ones performed some tricks for their final clowning class. (Very fun!) It was nice to be involved with other homeschoolers, but we (I) confess that we're glad to have some slowness in our life again...a little tranquility before another round of busyness begins, and we become like dancing bees or perhaps like this fluttering butterfly.


I ran to get my camera to take a photo, but I think the fellow was a little camera shy. Each time I went outside to capture his image, he flew away. I'd go back inside, and he'd reappear on the screen. After several times of this, I had to be content with snapping his picture from inside my house. At least you can see the light through his wings.


I did manage to squeeze in some time for a tiered skirt for my daughter (half-way done) and this for a Mother's Day present. Very soft cotton chenille. Now all I have to do is wrap it up and send it off in time. I can't tell you exactly what it is yet because someone might see!

3 comments:

Mirre said...

Beautiful photo of that butterfly!

AmeliaB said...

I know what you mean about being busy. Are family has been really downsizing are activities. Though it is hard to say no. :-) I'm glad you'll have a break. Your yarn is really pretty.

~Amelia

Miss Frugality said...

Hi Ellen,
Wow! what a beautiful package you sent.I just wanted you to know how much I LOVE it!Thank you so much.
Julia x