Wednesday, August 08, 2007

F is for Flowers

Who doesn't appreciate flowers? My children pick Queen Anne's Lace and Buttercups and perhaps Pink Clover and then with proud faces, hand me their bouquets and smile. Or my husband brings home the occasional surprise (very occasional, mind you) of the grocery store special of Iris or Tulips, and he smiles. It isn't the type or size of bouquet that matters (well maybe sometimes!) but it's the heart-felt emotion and the thought that is so special.

I used to work for 2 different florists. Nothing creative. Just grunt work: deliveries, sweeping unwanted leftovers, arranging containers in the walk-in refrigerated cases, unpacking new shipments, dealing with customers and learning how to tell if a cut flower was fresh or not.

My favorites? Gerbera Daises, Pansies, Cosmos, Zinnias, Violets, Hydrangea, Lilac, Tulips, Peonies, Stock...

1 comment:

ellen said...

Flowers for no reason are the Best!