Monday, September 24, 2007

Do Not Disturb


Until 8 years ago, I had never really heard of Weetabix, believe it or not. I suppose it's just not as 'American' as Fruit Loops (ugh). It was our friends from New Zealand who turned us (me, at least) onto this wonderful cereal, full of vitamins & minerals & fiber. It was also our New Zealand friends who described the method of eating Weetabix. According to them, all children, pets, phone calls, doorbells and other responsibilities need to be quieted or put away/go away. Put into bowl, 2 or 3 biscuits of Weetabix. Then with spoon ready in one hand, carefully pour the desired amount of milk into the bowl. (Not with 'American-style' milk mind you, which is "like water", but 'Kiwi-style' milk which apparently is like heavy cream.) Then break up and eat immediately. Do not look to the right or the left, do not wait to ponder, but eat lest it get soggy.

Well, I have adopted this method hence the cereal with no milk. Didn't want to waste precious time with photography while my Weetabix got soggy. I added craisins and nuts this morning ... a cup of coffee ... ahhh... just do not disturb.

No comments: