Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Rose-Colored Glasses Required


Years ago, my mother and I used to have subscriptions to this magazine. Loved it. It's not exactly my style, but I always appreciated the dreamy quality of it. When it arrived in the mailbox each month, I'd put it aside and wait until the more 'mundane' things of the day were complete. I mean, in order to enjoy it fully, you just had to have a cup of warm tea and cookie and a soft & quiet place to curl up in. It was ritual of sorts.

So when it went out of business, there was much disappointment. We used to cut pictures from it (gasp!) and make cards before handmade cards were popular. I'd drool over the recipes and even manage to try a few. My husband always teased me that I needed to wear rose-colored glasses when reading it; all the pictures must have been shot with that soft, all's-right-with-the-world filter.

Well, it's made a comeback. So I'm readying my rose-colored glasses and warming up the teapot. Mom, you should too! (hint hint)

2 comments:

kirsten schueler said...

i loved that mag too! so excited its coming back!

Amber said...

Ah yes, we all need a little "rose colored glasses" treatment from time to time!