Saturday, September 01, 2007

Y is for Yarn

This one is sort of an obvious choice for the letter Y, unless of course I owned a Yak (which I don't) or I was a professional Yodeler (which I'm not) or I couldn't bear to live without the color yellow (which I can...well sort of).

I realized something recently: I almost like the yarn better than making things with the yarn. Does that make sense? I love seeing the neat piles of colors and textures when I enter a yarn shop. I love the possibilities that a skein of yarn can hold. I haven't done much lately with my stash of yarn, but I do like looking at and dreaming...

1 comment:

Amber said...

Oh yes, I can understand this concept---to have little balls or skeins of yarn all so neatly lined up with all of the various colors calling out to you... It's like daydreaming!