Saturday, January 05, 2008

1,940


Almost 2,000 in 2 weeks! That's how many miles we traveled during our winter holiday. What a whirlwind of a vacation. We enjoyed family and friends, a good museum, several restaurants, and I didn't have to cook or clean up the whole time! We had excellent weather for driving and little traffic, and we only arrived home with a few sniffles and scratchy throats (nothing worse). In some ways, I wished we could have stayed longer, but I have to say that it's good to be sleeping in my own bed again and returning to a routine.


I did manage to finish my mom's Christmas gift: no longer the sumo thong but a knitted purse.

I used Manos del Uruguay's wool in Stellar (110) colorway. I knit a herringbone stitch for the bag panels. I love working with Manos. I love just looking at it too.


I also finished a quick scarf using Noro Kureyon in #170 and #183. They are actually very similar colorways so at points the colors melded together. This is the Children's Rainbow Scarf pattern from this book but knitted a bit longer. It was easy easy easy and looks nice. I think I'll try it again. The only drawback is that Noro seems a bit 'rough' so I may have to let it soften in some wool wash.

No comments: