Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Heart Felt Thanks

I wanted to get things done for Valentine's Day well in advance, but it hasn't happened. We need to finish cards, send stuff out and make some goodies, plus wrap some gifts. However, we did attempt some felting of hearts yesterday.

Thanks to this and this and this, we tried our first needle felting and wet felting inside a cookie cutter.
Needless to say, after several jabs with the sharp needle into tender skin and wiping away tears, wet felting won out with my younger sons. The only thing is they gave up after 2 hearts.

But all was not lost. My two older children tried the needle felting and liked it. No poked fingers here.

Even my 14 year old son tried it out. Here is his contribution to Valentine's Day.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog! These hearts are darling. I love your photos too...

laceyJ. said...

Wow! You've got such a pretty, creative, inspirational blog. Love what you've done with the hearts!

Bean said...

what a great idea!! I may just have to do some wet felting with my class this weekend :D

shannon said...

I'm glad you found my tutorial! We really enjoyed making these too. My son got bored with it after the first heart :)