Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Meow, Meow, Meow, Meow and a Free Cat

No, I'm not singing the television commercial. But I have been busy making cat purses. Now those who know me might laugh. Yes, laugh. Now stop laughing.

I do have a confession to make: I am not a cat-lover. However, despite my lack of interest in felines, a friend of mine just got a kitten for her two little girls. This friend is also my 'secret sister' at our church, so I began making little cat purses to give as a surprise.


I sketched out some ideas and got to work.

This one is for my niece in NY (hi there!)

I used recycled wool (from all of those felted sweaters that were piling up)


and did a wee bit of embroidery. (Don't look too closely!)

I hand stitched and machine-stitched, using the same idea for the strap as this one.

There, done! Now for the Free Cat...

This little cat would like a home. I'd be glad to send her to you for your little girl (or boy). Just leave a comment, and I'll pick names out of a hat in 7 days - next Wednesday!

9 comments:

randi---i have to say said...

Oh cute! What a wonderful design you came up with!

michael foster said...

(Katelyn). :O) wonderful designs even if it is cat.

Jessica said...

So darling! I don't have a little girl but I do have lots of cute nieces so this would come in handy for a gift!

ellen said...

These are adorable. I would love to make one!

molly said...

oooh! love it! definitely put my name in the hat...we have a birthday coming up, that just might be perfect...

Berlinswhimsy said...

Very, very cute!! My daugther would absolutely love one---please add my name to the drawing! ;-)

shannon said...

Oh so cute, I love these cat bags!

Cami said...

These are so cute! You do it ALL so well - photos, recipes, crafts, sewing! Please put our name in the hat, too. My daughter would love it! I wanted to let you know my son made your mushroom/brie soup and it was amazing! He doubled the recipe, so we'll have some for lunch today, too! Yum ;)

Mary Jane said...

These are the cutest little kitties!Thanks for visiting my blog. I think your pictures are beautiful.