Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Socks


Couldn't think of a better title at the moment. It's been that kind of a day. Drab. Dreary. Dull. Doldrums, definitely.

btw - I'm flexing one foot and pointing the other - looks sorta weird

However, I wanted to show my 1st finished pair of socks. Yippee. I really like how they turned out even if I did have to fudge a few things, especially with the first one. And after knitting the 2nd one more quickly, I forced myself to weave back in the ends on the spot or else you know what would happen... it would sit in a 'to finish' pile too long. Maybe even until summer and by that time, who needs to wear socks?

I ended up using the Picot-Edged Socks from 101 Designer One-Skein Wonders. Yarn: Koigu KPPPM Color: P501 (an older colorway since I've had the skeins for several years!) Seeing as I am giving these away (know peeking, Mom), I have already begun a 2nd pair using the same pattern but a different yarn. We'll see... so far, so good.

3 comments:

Felicia said...

Fabulous socks :)

The Shopping Sherpa said...

Oh well done. I just finished my first pair of socks this week. Still have no idea about the toe grafting - fingers crossed they stay together!

Berlinswhimsy said...

Love them! That colorway is nice, too... When I look at my first socks, oh boy, are there a lot of mistakes!