Thursday, February 14, 2008

Sugar Rush: Part 1



Valentine's Day, originally uploaded by pichurrayic.

Happy Valentine's Day.

How we spent our day: clockwise starting at top left:
1. made cupcakes using heart-shaped silicone liners - filled them too full & they overflowed!
2. hand-cut valentine from my daughter
3. "positive & negative" love: if I had gotten up at 4 am, I could have made the 'authentic' heart pancakes from this book, but since I had 4 hungry kids and it was almost 8 am, I opted for the cheat method: make a regular pancake then use a cookie cutter to shape a heart. I like this method better - no waste - you get 2 hearts in the process! The strawberries are ones we picked over the summer with a bit of sugar thrown in.
4. pastels - part of a craft my younger sons did at a Valentine's party with other homeschoolers
5. a quickie garland - put up at about 11 last night
6. "Jilted Love" - my title for a precious illustration of Tasha Tudor from a book entitled, Tasha Tudor's Old-Fashioned Gifts
7. part of the envelope my daughter 'sent' her card in
8. our basket of love: handmade & a few store-bought cards that my children and I gave to each other
9. pink milk - this has been a family tradition for the past few years - a few drops of red food coloring in milk - voila - pink milk! Next time? Try all-natural dye.
10. more of the envelope - I should have guessed who it was from - besides the recognizable handwriting, I think postage has gone up in price

That's it! Now... no more sugar for the rest of the month.


1 comment:

Megan said...

What a great collection of Valentine shots. Sounds like a fun day. Thanks for visiting my blog-I've enjoyed reading through yours, as well!