Monday, February 18, 2008

Tag, You're It!

a beautiful glass piece by Dale Chihuly that we saw over the summer
I've been tagged.

Claire tagged me. THANK YOU, Claire.

So now, I'm supposed to share 7 things about me. This was actually harder than I imagined. Too much work for the brain, but here's what I came up with:

1. I didn't put my face in the pool water until 8th grade. No swimming lessons until then. I was scared stiff of the deep end and anything to do with underwater was off-limits in my book. I still don't feel comfortable with swimming where I can't touch bottom. And I don't think I could save my kids if anything were to ever happen...

2. I've come to the conclusion that I really dislike iced tea. Yes, I've sipped and sipped various kinds: peach, raspberry, green, regular, decaf... but nope. It's not my cup of tea (excuse the pun). I do like some hot teas, especially cinnamon stick vanilla, chai and some herbals. I suppose the only iced tea I will 'enjoy' (tolerate) is chamomile (thanks to my friend, Hope, who introduced me to it in 8th grade).

3. I wish I spoke fluent French.

4. I absolutely love vegetables now, except for maybe okra. (I was a vegetable-hater growing up!)

5. My favorite color (in terms of what I wear) is black.

6. I like the smell of fresh rain on wet pavement.

7. My perfect job would be owning and running a coffeehouse/bookstore/yarn store where artists and musicians and knitters would showcase their work, and there would be a whole slew of artsy activities for both young and old to get involved with. (At least that's my perfect job now...)

Actually that wasn't too painful. What is proving a tad more difficult is tagging others who haven't been tagged (or at least not in a while). But I came up with a grouping. I will henceforth choose...

creative kismet
if sew
ka-blog!
little seedlings
mettes potteri
simple sparrow
wren's nest

Here are the rules:
1. Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
4. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

2 comments:

Regina said...

cool! I think I can come up with another 7 since it's been a while. I wouldn't have found you if you hadn't tagged me, and you have such a beautiful blog. I think I'll hang out here for a bit and check things out. I'll definitely come back again too.

Hurrayic said...

Thanks for the sweet words.