Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Inspiration: 1

It has been raining all day, and I think my yard is looking more and more like a pool or maybe a mud-wrestling pit! It reminds me of the creative muck and mire that sometimes we get stuck in. A rut, writer's block, blogging block, call it what you will. Some days we're inspired and know exactly what to do & say; other days we flounder in the muck and mire, hoping either to crawl out or be pulled out. I've been working more on my purses and a new pair of socks, but have nothing to show as of yet. I also have been working on my apron for this month's Tie One On but again, nothing to show.

So instead, I am enjoying a cup of sweet Thai coconut tea (above) ,

Letting lentil soup simmer on the stove (thanks to Moosewood Cookbook), and and browsing the web for inspiration. I am never disappointed and always amazed at the creativity of others. I think I need to start an inspiration journal like Bella Dia or like _____________ (can't find that blog ~ does that ever happen to you?).

Here is a short list of some things that are inspiring me:

Seed Pod's Still Life Project
Papeis Por Todo O Lado's embroidered slippers
Rosehip's Babushka dolls
and Shisho Mama's continuing Collage-A-Day series

4 comments:

Cami said...

Ugh, I know the "muck" feeling well. At least I've been through it enough at this point that I know it will pass and in a few days I'll miraculously wake up, refreshed, and ready to zoom ahead. I've been drooling over Seedpod's Still Lifes as well. Makes me long for summer. Did you see this photo set on Flickr called The Little Zoo?...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/
esoule/sets/72157601499545165/

I found the link through How About Orange. I think they're wonderful as well.

Hurrayic said...

No, I haven't, Cami. Thanks, I'll look at that. Need more inspiration definitely.

Jessica said...

I am amazed at the creativity of others as well...there's so much inspiration out there.

Sarah said...

Seedpod's Still Life Project amazes me, too. I actually lay in bed at night and think about it!