Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Lions and Tigers and...

Bears! Bears! Bears!


My next round of purses are finished. Although I like the cat purses (and may make more of them), I really like bears much better.

For years I collected bears. Some I purchased; some were gifts. Each bear sat or stood on a high shelf... high enough to keep them from sticky fingers or sudden and quite unexpected accidents of escaping drool or spilled milk.

I would often go into my children's rooms and admire the bears, smiling, sometimes running my fingers over the soft fur, repositioning ears or legs, adjusting a paw. But then one day (mind you this was a cleaning/purging day) I looked once again at the bears, all cute and cozy on their shelves and saw dust and dust and dust.

Well, let's just say a librarian friend put them to good use as decoration at her tiny library.

I did however, keep one favorite bear~ Wilson ~ a dark brown, very soft furry bear with the cutest face. My husband gave him to me so that is partially why I've kept him. Wilson does not sit high on a shelf anymore. Oh no. He gets loved and borrowed and hugged and squished by many in our family.

So here they are, all lined up neatly in 2 rows. I need to take better photos of them first if I'm going to try my hand at Etsy. Not sure about that. Plus, I want to make a few more designs and try out some other ideas. But what do you think? Like them?

12 comments:

Allison Fouse said...

Yes, yes. I think you should definitely try your hand at Etsy. It's cheap, and the system is very user friendly. Plus, you take great photos so really, you have nothing to lose.

Siew said...

While I'm totally a cat person, and loved your cat purses to bits and wish you'd make some more and do put them on Etsy, these bears are pretty darned cute. The purse would be for my daughter of course. Ha ha ha.

kristin said...

like them? i LOVE them!!

i'm sure they'll be a huge success at Etsy.

ellen said...

Those bears are precious! You would do so well at Etsy.

Sarah said...

I love the bears. The cats are also cute, but I like the bears better as well - their faces look so round and cuddly.

fine little day said...

They are lovely!

AnnieB said...

beautiful bears, etsyians would love them!

you are the winner of my giveaway heart - come claim your prize...

randi---i have to say said...

I think the bears are SO CUTE! And I think an Etsy would be a great thing for you to try. I am pretty sure that it is only 20 cents to list and there is a percentage to pay if you sell, but it is small and worth taking a chance on it!

asti said...

Just found you via overmilkwood - what a lovely blog! I adore these purses :)

Berlinswhimsy said...

They are as cute as can be and I'm sure others would love to have one! My daughter still loves her cat purse so much!

elizabeth said...

those are perfectly adorable. I love all the colours.

Doodlebug said...

LOVE them!