Thursday, March 06, 2008

Little Amusements


Medieval Babe, originally uploaded by pichurrayic.

Today was very quick. We amused ourselves in very simple and odd ways:

~Having the boys try on a medieval-like 'chain mail' hood for their costumes for co-op class. I'm not using a pattern (which is probably too bad) but it is what it is, and it will look fine once they put their crusader pillowcase on top. Whew! 2 down and 5 more to go. Had a little trouble with thread breaking while sewing ~ I don't think the needle and this metallic-dotted fabric like each other much.

~Making sculptures from chicken nuggets and toothpicks.


~Eating the sculptures with gusto!

~Watching this spider try to sneak a bite...Who doesn't love to play with your food? For the past 3 years we've had calenders from Joost Elffers hanging on our kitchen wall and have enjoyed each month greatly. I also found this book of his at a tag sale last spring. Very funny.

~ Attempting this, pausing, waiting until my mouth caught up with my brain and trying again. My daughter ripped this from Annie's Cinna Bunnies package that we finished in only 2 days! Ugh! It is a small package, tastes good, and 3 of my 4 children love cereal! Oh well.

~ Starting a new pile of animal purses. No more cats right now, but something else...

Thanks so much for the comments on and off the blog about the purses. It certainly makes my day.

2 comments:

kristin said...

your kids are PRECIOUS!!

Allison Fouse said...

I got about half way through the color/word bit before my brain shut down. I started off gracefully, but then I realized something was not quite right and my mind began to sputter and stutter.

Thanks for sharing, and for keeping me on my toes! I'm enjoying reading here. =)