Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Non-Existent

Did you know that today doesn't exist?

At least not from my children's point of view. More accurately, they (are ruing) rued this day. For the past 2 weeks, they've been hoping that somehow today would be skipped for you see, it was 'shot' day. Yes, that dreaded visit to the doctors for updated immunizations. In their protest, they labeled today 'No Day'. No amount of reasoning worked, not even the 'it's just a little pinch, a little pain but it's better than getting some deadly disease.'

Well 'No Day' became 'Oh No Day' as we visited the doctors and now the protest sticky note has been removed. All is well again. We celebrated with sushi. Yum.

And during this non-existent day, I signed up for a Lunchbox Swap, listened to piano lessons, knitted a bit on my 2nd pair of socks and made more progress on my new purses...

3 comments:

Beck said...

Oh, your poor munchkins! But now they don't have to worry about it anymore.

Crazy Daisy said...

Celebrating with sushi sounds nice!

hazeljoy said...

ok, so it might say something about my state of mind, but i thought those were embroidered pictures of wine glasses. i now realise they are noses and mouths. someone bring me a drink. oh, apparently i don't have a butler. i'll get it myself.
xx
ps. darn, i'd have loved that swap. missed it.