Thursday, April 10, 2008

10/30 & a Treat

10/30

Swirling, swirling, swirling.... that's the verb to describe my thoughts recently. I am looking forward to things calming down in a few weeks. A few items lifted from my shoulders. A bit of respite before the next round of 'stuff'. Very little crafting has been done because most of my time has been filled with planning for next year's school.

April is usually about the time that my mind wanders around aimlessly from curriculum to curriculum, wondering if this or that is the 'right' thing for our family to study. It's funny, really. Speaking to other homeschooling moms, I realize that I am not alone in my wandering.

Add in some spring fever, and an unusual phenomenon occurs: planning and writing out a future schedule when the present schedule is not even finished! Another mom's comment could explain why this happens... perhaps disappointment or weariness with the present workload and dreaming about how next year's work load will be so fun and creative and work out perfectly. Well, we can dream, can't we?

And my heart is singing... a treat from overmilkwood came in the mail 2 days ago all the way from London, and I am just now getting around to posting about it. I actually won it from her giveaway! This was the packaging: a handmade card with matching fabric giftwrap.

And this is my treat: a sachet heart. Thank you, Annie!

4 comments:

AnnieB said...

I am so glad it arrived safely and that you like it...glad to make your heart sing in some little way!

I love your photos and am deep in admiration of your homeschooling practice...I often wish I had the energy and conviction to do the same with my children...

back soon!

Miss Frugality said...

Your macros are a real treat! The blossom is so beautiful.

Nathalie Brault said...

I am in aw in front of your flower pictures since I am still up to my knees in snow. I can't wait to see mine. Love your blog. Just discovered it will be back. Added it to mine Bye

Cami said...

I've really been enjoying your macro photos, especially the flowers. It makes me happy to see their bright colors. I know what you mean about searching for curriculum. I always think, "how can I have been doing this for so long and still go through times of wanting to overhaul our whole routine"! We've been giving unschooling a try since the beginning of the year and I've been pretty pleased with it, but it still doesn't keep me from questioning things regularly ;)