Monday, May 19, 2008

In the Mood

...for lasagna.

Ever wake up with a craving of some sort? I opened the cabinets this morning and spied a box of lasagna noodles and for the next 6 hours I thought about making lasagna. At first I waffled: it takes so long to do and no ricotta in the house was mixed with it tastes so yummy and it is drizzling outside. I couldn't get it out of my head so I rifled through the recipe box and pulled out my eggplant lasagna with bechamel sauce recipe that I've had in my possession for 15+ years. Good. No ricotta needed. Then...oh, I have no eggplant... hmmm...

So I threw in some leeks, zucchini, shredded carrots, and yellow pepper with the remainder of ingredients and well? It passed.

4 comments:

Allison Fouse said...

Drizzling!? I wish! It's been in the high 80's here. I'd have to say that I could eat lasagna just about any time though. Mmmmm. Any chance I could get the recipe for the sauce? I'll swap you! =)

ellen said...

Yum! My husband loves lasagna, I just don't like to make it for some reason. I'd rather make manicotti. It makes no sense.
Your recipe sounds delicious.

Miss Frugality said...

I often crave lasagne too...in fact just reading this is making me drool!

Deirdre said...

have you checked out Pioneer Woman's blog? She has a recipe there for a lasagna that all the commentors are going nuts over, so it must be good!