Monday, June 16, 2008

Dad's Day Celebration

Yesterday we celebrated Father's Day with cards, hot sauces (my husband loves these) and a home-cooked meal made by my older son and daughter:

Portobello Mushroom Sandwiches with smoked 'Monsterella' (as my youngest one likes to call mozzarella). I didn't have a recipe, so I made one up.

Cold Cucumber Soup (from this wonderful cookbook - but mine is the 'old' version). This is my husband's all-time favorite cold soup. His 2nd? Gazpacho. I'll have to make that one another time.

and Fresh Cherries. Yum! We also had ice cream but you know what that looks like.

Happy Father's Day, Husband! And Happy Father's Day, Dad!

3 comments:

Mirre said...

That sandwich looks delicious... lucky dad!

Regina said...

yum!! Everything looks amazing!

Berlinswhimsy said...

It all sounds fabulous to me! That cold cucumber soup is one I'll have to try... though, I do love gazpacho, too!