Thursday, June 05, 2008

Salad


This post is a salad post for Randi's Recipe Box Swap. I made this last week but didn't take a photo of it. It was gone before I thought of recording it. So the flower picture will have to suffice. (I don't like posting without a photo!) My mom gave me the recipe. She received it from a colleague who got it from ? Don't know, but it tastes great.

Israeli Salad
2 cukes, seeded & cubed
2 tomatoes, chopped
1/2 cup radishes, sliced thin & halved
2 scallions, chopped
1 pepper, chopped
1/2 cup fresh parsley
1/2 cup black olives (pitted kalamata are good, but plain old black ones in can are okay too)
1/2 cup red onion, minced
1/4 cup olive oil
Juice of 1 lemon
Salt & pepper to taste

Mix all. Chill to 'marry' the flavors. This lasts several days in fridge. I ended up serving this alongside some spanakopita, homemade hummus, pita and store-bought lentil vegetable burgers (tasted like falafel). Wonderful.

3 comments:

SmallWorld Reads said...

That sounds fabulous! I'm making a copy of this one!
SmallWorld

gina said...

oh, I love middle eastern and greek food so much. can't wait to try this, especially since it keeps for several days. what a great light summer lunch.

marigold said...

This sounds delicious! Thanks for posting!