Sunday, July 13, 2008

Preparation

Yes, that is a basket! It's for their Biblical costume night.

Our oldest three are away at camp this week. Yesterday we gathered all their 'stuff' into the hallway (this is not all they took!) and then

Very drippy coffee!

went out for ice cream. We said our goodbyes today and watched them board the bus.

He looks more pensive than sad..."Will I be old enough next year?"

My youngest is of course, sad to see them go. That is, until I promised (bribed?) him with a trip to the aquarium. At which point, he perked right up with a big grin on his face. So it'll be just him and me (and my husband). Feels sort of strange actually, but I think all of us will enjoy our time together sans siblings.

We've got some more preparing to do: errands, cleaning, planning for school, visits with friends, swimming and maybe some Indian food?

But I've also got to squeeze in some tending of the garden, Megan's photo swap and Molly's mini book swap and

Simplicity 3835 strikes again!

hopefully finish some sewing? We'll see.

3 comments:

Mirre said...

Enjoy your time together!

Hurrayic said...

Thank you!

randi---i have to say said...

Enjoy your time with your youngest! And I hope you find some extra crafting time while the house is quieter!