Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Rattle

Is this an axiom?

That is the sound my brain is making/has made these past few weeks. Just yesterday I was convinced that it was Monday, the 25th! What's up with that? I missed not just a day but many days. I think it has something to do with my husband having taken a vacation day on Monday so that we could go to an amusement park. It's messed up my time clock. I'm relieved to know that I still have approximately 2 weeks to putter around (panic) before school begins again. Maybe things would go better if I had drunk (or drank?) a coke?

On a good note however, our garden is going crazy with produce right now:

Some mariachi peppers,


Some white eggplant,


And some tomatoes!

I think I see a platter of tomatoes, basil, olive oil
and mozzarella in the very near future.


And on an interesting note: NEVER place a bag of unopened marshmallows near an unopened, still-sealed-in-the-plastic box of dryer sheets. Or else you'll end up with marshmallows that 'taste' like soap! Yum!

4 comments:

suchthings.ca said...

Love the red and the white. Very nice photos!
Maryxo

Petit Elefant said...

Found your blog, love your blog, will continue to peruse your blog.
Now, must head out to find coke. I need that machine in my bedroom. Kidding. {sort of}

Anja said...

Hi, I love all the things you have sent me! Thank you so much. My days are a little crazy right now, but as soon as everything goes back to normal I will sit behind my sewing machine. Cant wait!
Thank you again, Anja

Nathalie Brault said...

Love your pictures. Your tomatoes remind me of my own harvest. I had tons so I made soup with zucchinnis and cucumbers and pureed the whole thing and it was delish. Will be back.