Sunday, November 30, 2008

Highlights of


Thanksgiving... yes, this is belated, but better late than never. Two days prior to turkey day, I received a phone call: our hostess' family was sick with the stomach bug. Before I even needed to politely decline the offer she had extended to us several weeks ago, she very graciously informed me (or rather ordered me), "don't come...why put you into that awkward position of wait and see what happens?" Thank you, Joy!


So Plan B went into action. For the first time in our family, we ordered a $40.00 turkey dinner from a local grocery store, added a few homemade touches, and voila! A tasty and stress-free Thanksgiving dinner. It was probably the most delicious, moist turkey that we've tasted thus far. (No offense, Mom!)

We spent the remainder of the day walking off the dinner at a local park,

gathering bits of nature

getting a good workout

and enjoying a slice of pie with homemade whipped cream.

3 comments:

ellen said...

Sounds as if you had a wonderful day and the dinner good! Your table is lovely.

michael foster said...

who's the giant carrying the basket? :O)

~ANG said...

What a wonderful Thanksgiving! (minus the friends with a stomach bug, of course) I really love the simple beauty of the centerpieces...peppers and berries. I don't know how long the peppers would have lasted on my table..my husband would have snatched one each time he walked by the table :o)