Saturday, December 13, 2008

Like Riding a Bike


Knitting is sort of like riding a bike. Well, sort of.


Remember these projects? They're finally finished! Yes, it took me almost 1 year to complete.

I was getting the knitting itch again but first wanted to finish certain things I already had on my needles (to make room for more...)

Funny how you can pick up a project and either completely forget where you left off or pick up just where you left off. Do you notice anything different about the gloves above? The opening for the thumbs - one is vertical and one is horizontal. Oops.

But once they're on, you don't notice the mistakes. And heh, it goes with the name of the knit pattern: mistake rib! They're from Last Minute Knitted Gifts.

And my socks, which will always remind me of the Grateful Dead, are from 101 Designer One Skein Wonders. Picot Edged socks with a few minor variations on how to pick up stitches in a more pretty fashion.

Now... onto some more last minute knitted projects for Christmas!

2 comments:

ellen said...

Bravo for finishing! I want to make some fingerless gloves too, but they will have to wait until I finish up some other stuff.
Happy weekend!

angela said...

Love those socks and fingerless gloves. I just started learning how to crochet...knitting seems a little intimidating...but your work looks great!