Friday, January 23, 2009

Bainbridge

The weather teased us today, coaxing us outside without jackets (in January?) in order to enjoy a few moments of sun and warmth, and perhaps to remind us that spring is just 'round the corner? Of course the kids are still hoping for 1 good snowfall before winter ends. I usually hear a daily wish or hope or whine for some snow. Today I heard not a peep.

But all was not fun and games. While my sons were out galavanting in the fresh air, my daughter was inside recuperating from her periodontal work she had done this afternoon. Poor girl.

And I am posting about my finished scarf - the Bainbridge Scarf. It's a free pattern from Pepperknit. Go here to get it. I used KnitPicks Andean Silk, which has a very nice sheen and texture to it. The only trouble I had with it was actually trying to take a self-portrait without using a tripod, without showing the camera, and without revealing my...well...um...extra padding 'round the neck area.

No comments: