Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Tiny Treats 2

her newest little creature stands less than 1" tall

My daughter will be handing out magnifying glasses soon... in order for us 40 and abovers to actually see her artwork. She loves creative endeavors and usually chooses something tiny to sculpt or cut or paste or draw.


2 cranes & a box - the blue items made from a small post-it note pad

I can understand her attraction to tiny things - they're transportable, they're cute, their size is attractive - like holding a tiny treasure in the palm of your hand.

looks like a yummy popsicle

When she has the time (there isn't much to spare with her school schedule recently), she likes working with sculpey or paper or yarns, mostly.

the crane is her smallest one to date - wingspan is 1"

Right now, she's taking a career exploration class at our co-op, and it wouldn't surprise me if she went into an art field. Let's just hope it's not a starving artist field!

P.S. - some more fun origami can be found here and here and here.

3 comments:

Angela said...

Oh my goodness! That tiny penguin and those tiny cranes are just wonderful! Now, you know I'm going to have to give it a try. Hmmm...I wonder if my 30-something fingers can do all of that fancy folding. Maybe I'll start with a bigger piece of paper and work my way down to a tiny piece. Thanks for sharing the links, too.

alex brooks said...

They are sooo delightful. The best things come in small packages.

Ravenhill said...

So wonderful! Lovely to see your daughter is so busy with her creative and talented hands!
~Emily